A daily snippet of a young British man and his life in Santa Cruz, California

Some cool stuff from The Tech

Wednesday 10 December 2008

The Tech is a museum in San Jose, right next door to Silicon Valley. It's dedicated to technological advances. I must say! With The Tech and the Aquarium (see previous post) in the same weekend, I couldn't be more impressed. Ok, well we all know writing isn't my forte, so here are some cool pictures!!!

One good thing about the Tech is that as you go around, you can save stuff you do to a filespace online. Obviously, I loved it. Here's a webcam photo of my mum and I sitting at a computer uploading stuff onto our filespace (nice growwwl, mum!):



Ok, here's me and my mum at the Tech - 360-degree panoramics, in Cartesian and Polar coordinates! (I'm the one who looks like a gentleman scientist ;)





Next, views of a 3D laser scan of my head!!






That was my favourite bit. Here's us in an earthquake simulator (it was really violent, promise! That kid was glued to the floor):




Finally, here's a view of us in a thermal camera:



A fun day all round. Until next time ...

0 comments: