A daily snippet of a young British man and his life in Santa Cruz, California

Visa obtained, flight booked

Thursday 2 October 2008

I am now the proud recipient of a shiny visa, and I have booked my flights. I fly on 17th September from London Heathrow Terminal 3, to San francisco International Airport, leaving at 11am and arriving at 2pm local time, which, I'm sure you'll agree, is all very civil. And at a savage price of 281 quid all-in!

Just spent the last couple of days driving a Transit van around Plymouth helping someone move. I'm shattered. I know I say it every time, but that is absoloootely the LAST time I haul a sofa up three flights of stairs!!

I'm off home to finally get some work done (still got so much to do!!!), and have a much-deserved bath. Leaving-party provisionally booked for 10th? October

Karen - see you stateside, baby. Will be great to see your smiling face after my gruelling non-stop Virgin Atlantic flight (jealous? - ha ha!!!)

The latest news is that, apparently, I CAN drive a hire car when I arrive (i can drive anything for up to 6 months without applying for a californian driving licenec, so I'm tempted to get a car straight away, but we'll see what you have planned first)

off i go! xx

1 comments:

blues singer said...

glad to see that you do dates as well as Mike...
and yes, I am jealous that you paid so little compared to me - this is what happens when you come out of season.
See ya!