A daily snippet of a young British man and his life in Santa Cruz, California

Peasy!

Friday 12 September 2008

'Tis but a few weeks before I depart the shores of England, for a stint in the United States. I hope to have the time and discipline to document my move and stateside existence on these digital pages.

My due start date is Monday the 3rd November, so I have about 7 weeks to get from here to there and settled in. Peasy!

This week I have been getting my files together (making electronic copies of my paper, and boxing up the rest; getting all of my CDs onto a hard drive; throwing lots of stuff away, etc). I have already moved out of Professor Scott's house, and he has kindly allowed me to store some stuff there. Mercifully, I don't have a lot of stuff (i've always figured there's no point until I get my own place to live)

I should receive my DS2019 form on Monday, which marks the start of the administrative side of things - i need this before i fill in my visa application forms etc. Roll on!!

I still have understandably mixed feelings about it all - I'm excited about the science, and living in California, but I'm equally as scared!! However, since I have as many knowns as unknowns the equations are easy to solve - time unfolds, and knowledge accumulates, and fear dissipates. Again I day, peasy!

0 comments: