A daily snippet of a young British man and his life in Santa Cruz, California

Santa Cruz to Santa Paula

Sunday 2 August 2009

This weekend I took a road trip south from where I live in Santa Cruz to Santa Paula, near Ventura just outside suburban Los Angeles. And very nice it was too! Having lived here for 9 months, and many trips north and east, I thought it was high time I ventured south (the furthest south I had been thus far was just south of Big Sur). Here are a few pics from the way down. And no, I wasn't tempted to go to Neverland. Nor was I tempted to hit the sprawling mess of Los Angeles - I'll save that for another trip - preferably one where I'm not behind the wheel! Instead I opted for the gentle hills of the low sierras, the arid valleys crammed with intensely irrigated farmland, the picturesque coastline, and the prosperous towns of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara.

As ever, turn up your speakers ...



Music: 'The Past and Pending' by The Shins

0 comments: